Chilli Mutton Fry
1. 500 gms mutton boneless.
2. 2 tbsp mustard oil
3. 2 tbsp curd
4. 2 tsp red chilli powder.
5. 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste.
6. Salt to taste.
Marinate mutton in the above ingredients for 4-5 hrs.
1. 2 large onions finely sliced
2. 2 small tomatoes finely chopped
3. 5-6 green chillies cut in roundels
4. 1 tsp cumin seeds
5. Dry roast and ground to fine powder – 2 tsp black pepper, 2 tbsp coriander seeds, 3-4 cloves, 2 tsp fennel seeds(saunf), 1-inch cinnamon stick, 1 black cardamom.
6. Chopped coriander leaves and stems for garnishing.
7. 3-4 tbsp mustard oil
8. Salt to taste
1. Smoke mustard oil in pan/kadhai and let it cool a bit. Now add cumin seeds and let it splutter. Now add finely sliced onions and start bhuno it on high heat till onions change colour to very light brown. Now add marinated meat to the onions and bhuno on high heat for 10-12 minutes or till it changes colour to good bhuna hua brown colour. Slow down the gas and add finely chopped tomatoes and freshly made masala and again bhuno on high heat for 7-8 minutes.
2. Now add salt and cover it and let mutton cook in its own juices. If the consistency is dry then add a little bit of warm water and cover the lid of pan/kadhai and keep weight on it and cook on slow heat.
3. Keep stirring in between and add a little bit of water if required. Add green chilli roundels.
4. Cook till mutton is tender and dry/thick consistency.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Recipe courtesy Piyush Wadhwani